Go contributor since February 2011, committer since April 2012.
- Co-organiser of the Sydney Go User’s group 2012–2016.
- Editor, Goadvent 2013, Go Birthday Bash 2014, GoAdvent 2014,
- Gophercon organiser 2015, 2016.
- gb, a project based build tool for the Go programming language, github.com/constabulary/gb.
- Artisanal, hand crafted, barrel aged, Go packages, github.com/pkg.
- Personal, github.com/davecheney.
- Presenter, Sydney Go user’s group, August 2012 (Sydney, Australia)
- How Go uses Go to build itself, Sydney Go user’s group, April 2013 (Sydney, Australia)
- Presenter, GoSF May 2013 (San Francisco, California)
- PDP Emulation, Melbourne Go users group, March 2014 (Melbourne, Australia)
- How Canonical uses gccgo, Sydney Go user’s group, March 2014 (Sydney, Australia)
- Five things that make Go fast, Gocon May 2014 (Tokyo, Japan)
- Tiny Term, Sydney Go user’s group, July 2014 (Sydney, Australia)
- Introduction to Go, Canberra Go meetup, August 2014 (Canberra, Australia)
- Functional options for Friendly APIs, dotGo October 2014 (Paris, France)
- Introduction to Go, School of Computing Science, Glasgow University, October 2014 (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Functional options for Friendly APIs, GDG Korea, January 2015 (Seoul, Korea).
- Five things that make Go fast, Code Craft Dunedin, February 2015 (Dunedin, New Zealand)
- Simplicity and collaboration, closing keynote Gophercon India, February 2015 (Bengaluru, India)
- Reproducible builds, GDG Berlin, April 2015 (Berlin, Germany), video is also available.
- Reproducible builds (part ii), Sydney Go Users Group, May 2015 (Sydney, Australia)
- gb, a project based build tool, GoSF, July 2015 (San Francisco, California)
- Performance without the event loop, OSCON, July 2015 (Portland, USA)
- The legacy of Go, GothamGo, October 2015 (New York, New York)
- Go 1.6 Release Party, Sydney Go Users Group, February 2016 (Sydney, Australia)
- Opening keynote, GopherCon Dubai, February 2016 (Dubai, UAE)
- Writing high performance Go, GopherChina, April 2016 (Beijing, China)
- Keynote, Gocon, April 2016 (Tokyo, Japan)
- SOLID Go design, Yow! West 2016, May 2016 (Perth, Western Australia)
- Don’t just check errors, handle them gracefully, GopherCon 2016, July 2016 (Denver, CO, USA)
- SOLID Go Design (video), GolangUK, August 2016 (London, United Kingdom)
- Seven ways to profile a Go Program (video), GolangUK, August 2016 (London, United Kingdom)
- Don’t fear the first class function, dotGo 2016, October 2016 (Paris, France)
- Gopher Puzzlers (video), golang.io meetup, October 2016 (Paris, France)
- Gopher Puzzlers, Sydney Go Users’ Group, November 2016 (Sydney, Australia)
- Simulating old computers using Arduino microcontrollers, builderscon.io, December 2016 (Tokyo, Japan)